Work with us
Trustee Board Vacancy
CancerCare is one of the largest and most successful charities of its kind in the country. We specialise in providing supportive, non-clinical care to local cancer patients, their carers and families, together with those bereaved. Our support is wide ranging and comprises a broad spectrum of complimentary therapies and other services.
Our charity is governed by a Board of Trustees, which collectively has an experienced and diverse skillset. We are looking to strengthen our Board by recruiting a new Trustee, who will bring specific skills to the team and who will, ultimately, become responsible for guiding and influencing the development and implementation of our challenging Income Generation Strategy.
The key attributes we are seeking include:
- A creative person with strong brand, marketing and communications skills
- Solid business acumen with demonstrable marketing/brand led commercial achievements
- Senior level experience within the abovementioned fields
- A creative and entrepreneurial implementer who can lead project delivery
- Experience of organisational development & change would be helpful
A detailed knowledge of our activities is not essential, nor is previous third sector experience. However, a willingness and desire to help CancerCare continue to evolve and thrive, delivering its support services to the communities of North Lancashire and South Lakeland, is.